Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013 - Heading to Texas

Dear READER,


As you can tell I named this post a bit differently. I made it 8 days of writing consistently an then I missed my first day yesterday. I ended up getting home really late and had the worst headache ever. So I got right into bed and slept a good 5 hours. But I realized that there are some days i just might not be able to write so instead of doing days (day 1, day 2, etc...) I am going to put the date down and the main heading of that day. It just seemed like a smarter thing to do.


I procrastinated packing for my trip today until this morning. That's right, I hadn't packed one thing until 6am this morning. (My flight was at 10am) It went well, the only things I forgot that I know of at the moment were, deodorant, shampoo, and a razer. Not to bad though if I do say so myself.

My bag was overweight by 7 pounds at the airport. It was all the paper I was carrying from the office that we had forgotten to send in the boxes. If flying with Delta it cost you $90 if you are overweight, plus the $25 you pay just to get the bag on the plane. Can you believe that $90 I wanted to cry just hearing how much 7 pounds was going to cost me. Well I ended up putting it all in my carry-on and suffering through the back pain and shoulder pain instead of the mental pain of $90.

Let me tell you a little bit about Delta. They are the best!! They have the most flights they are always full. They get lots of money because they charge you for everything. Their planes have more leg room then others, and they usually have the best snakes. So they are the best. However with that said Delta has the snobbiest flight attendants out there. They are the type that know they are the best and just act like it. Customer services wise they are not the best. This is not just because I flew with them today and saw that. I have been flying with Delta for year, their the best remember. They weren't always this way actually when I first started flying I remember loving them. They would small, say hi and really care about you, when they talked with you they were funny and charming. They always wanted to make you happy, to make you feel like you were experiencing something great. Because flying is great practically impossible yet we do it. In the bast few years that has changed and now we get really snobby flight attendants who are just their to look good. It's really sad for Delta but good for other airlines because I start flying with them because they have better customer service - United is really nice.
Know that I've totally dissed Delta let me tell even though they are snobby they are the best looking group out there. Their red and blue outfits are so snazzy. Today one of my flight attendants had these big red glasses on that put his whole outfit together it was pretty sweet.

One of my petpieves is when you are going through the security check point and you get stuck behind some stupid person. I was behind one today. I was in and ready to walk through the check point before he even took off his coat. It was amazing how slow he was and he knew we were all waiting behind him but he wanted everything floded and set exactly right in his bins and it drove me crazy. So once we got through i grabbed my stuff and was gone before he even had collected his bins. Don't every be a stupid person at the security check point. It the same thing ever time just be prepared and do it quickly.

My flight flew right over DC as we were leaving and when I say right over I do mean literally. I had the best tour of DC since being here while on the plane. We were flying really low which I don't think is usual but we did. I literally could see my office building. So yes I did wave at everyone there and the women next to my laughed but it's ok. Office you should feel loved.
From the plane I also got the best view of the Washington DC Temple. OH my heavens it was amazing. And as beautiful as ever. This is one of the things I miss about taking the train from West Virginia in to the office. The train passes the temple everyday and you get a very clear view of it on the beltway. I loved seeing it ever morning and night as I would head home from work. Even just seeing it brings the spirit and them you are thinking about it there on out it's pretty amazing.


I have how they do airplane seat belts. I feel like they are not meant to be comfortable but just there to say that we have a seatbelt on. I always have to stretch it out to the end in order to have it fit. But today I didn't have to put it all the way out. It was still stretched pretty far but not all the way. One day I am gong to sit in an airplane and not have to worry about the seatbelt fitting around me because I will be small enough that it won't matter wherever I go. One day!

I hate the saying that 'Nothing taste as good as skinny feels'. While I was in Atlanta waiting for my connecting flight I could think and smell a whole lot of things that would taste so much better right than, than skinny felt.


Lets talk about Carnival Cruises for a miniute. So about a month ago Carnival had a cruise ship that got stranded out in the ocean. People were stuck on it for days and they finially flew everyone home or something like that. I didn't really pay much attending to it. Well yesterday it happened again. A Carnival Cruise line was on the news and had some big problems this time. The electrical system or something had stopped working. The biggest thing on the news was that 1. the toilets on the ship were clogged up and actually overflowing. Their was human waste all over the place. The 2nd thing was that they were at a port but would not let the people off even with the bad conditions. Well they are now trying to fly everyone home from this port and it's been crazy. To bad for Carnival as they have made the news twice in two months and it hasn't been a good thing. Makes you rethink about going on a cruise anytime soon.

SAN ANTONIO
Oh my heavens I love Texas. I just love it. And San Antonio is great. It's actually quit pretty. Their is the riverwalk which is right outside my window. There is a huge mall, I mean huge!! There are churches all over the place and the Alamo is here. I am sooooooo excited. AND to top everything off it was 75 degrees as landed. So warm and sunny. I am going to LOVE this trip.

The Marriott hotel is were I am staying and it is pretty amazing. I have a junior suite or something like that so the room is huge. I have a fridge and so much space it's lovely. I'll have to upload photos when I get back home so you all can see. I have posted them on Facebook if anyone can't wait that long to see them.

Last thing before I head off to bed. The food - of course we need to talk about food. We went out on the river-walk and to this restaurant right by the water. I got coconut shrimp. I'm not a big shrimp eater but it was their best seller so why not. IT WAS AMAZING. I am pretty sure I will blow my diet while out here but will eat really well.


It was a very eventful day but I've been traveling for 11 hours and my tummy is full. So off to bed it is so that I can get up early in the morning and do emails.


Yours Truly,


Jenessa

No comments:

Post a Comment