Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Challenge Coin - April 16, 2013

Dear READER,


I had an amazing event happen to me today. I was honored with a challenge coin; also known as a military coin. It was given to me by our luncheon speaker. As always in introductions she asked where I was from. I responded that I was a military child so I was from all over. She asked about my family and where they were located now. She told me that yesterday was purpleup day which was to honor and support the children of those who serve. The next thing I knew she was shaking my hand and providing this great gift.

So let me tell you a bit out the Challenge Coin and why it's something worth writing about. To be given a challenge coin from a person or an organization is an honor. The gift is a token of appreciation from the giver. It is a symbol of going above and beyond the call of duty. This tradition dates back to World War I.



Yours Truly,

Jenessa

No comments:

Post a Comment